The San Juan Mining & Reclamation Conference is seeking abstracts for the 11th Annual Conference. The deadline for submissions is Sunday.
The conference, “Solving Pandora’s Box: Applying the Arts and Humanities to the Challenges of Mining and Salvage,” will take place September 22-24 at Sheridan Opera House and other venues. in Telluride.
Proposals can be submitted for lectures, posters, panel discussions and field trips to support the themes of this year’s event:
- Art, design and other value-added services in project design: see reclamation as more than just a scientific problem.
- Engage Local Communities: Collaboration and Public-Private Partnerships in Mining and Reclamation Planning and Design.
- Artistic installations and preservation of historic structures: preserving the past and building towards the future.
- New opportunities: sources of finance and non-traditional uses of mining materials.
- In Search of the Keys to Pandora’s Box: Solving Future Challenges.
For more information and the submission form, visit http://www.mountainstudies.org/sjmrc.
For any questions, contact Marcie Bidwell at [email protected] or 387-5161.